Public Schools Week 2019
Join Learning First Alliance and Our Partners to Celebrate Public Schools
Public Schools Week 2019 celebrated our nation’s public schools, our students and the many school professionals who work to help students achieve their greatest potential. A broad group of educators—representing 10 million administrators, teachers, specialists, teacher educators and school board members—marked the week with events and outreach to their communities. In Washington, a bipartisan group of lawmakers spoke out on the importance of a strong public education system for our country’s future economic strength.
NEW Podcast: Richard Long interviews three exemplary school leaders (the National School Counselor of the Year, a school community relations expert, and a National Superintendent of the Year finalist) in this podcast.
"The Role of Faith Leaders in Public School Advocacy: Supporting public dollars for strong public schools" briefing, was co-sponsored by the Americans United for Separation of Church and State and the Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty.
Below, we are presenting our 2019 toolkit for school officials and other educators. Please refer to the documents below and contact email@example.com if you have further questions about #PSW19. Check our Facebook page and YouTube channel for social media and video updates and view the collection of social media graphics on LFA's Pinterest page.
- Read the press release from LFA organizations.
- Make a statement with our key points about public schools.
- Use our templates to write op-ed pieces for your parents or community members or to advocate for public education with local or state lawmakers.
- Read the letter from our Congressional co-hosts.
- Get ideas to engage local businesses and community organizations in your events.
- Read and share our letter to the business community.
- Richard M. Long discusses the purpose and history of the U.S. public education system in this blog, which may be reposted with attribution. NSPRA Executive Director Rich Bagin also discusses Public Schools Week in the context of "Why We Need to Care About the Common Good."
- Long also discussed Public Schools Week in this segment on Ed Talk Radio.
NEW: Download our 11x18" #PublicSchoolProud infographic.
- PSW19 logo
- Our graphic of fast facts about U.S. schools
- Facebook post--Dr. Seuss quote
- Facebook post--Helen Hayes quote
- Facebook post--Our Students, Our Future
- Facebook post--Mark Twain quote
- Facebook post--da Vinci quote
- Facebook post--Einstein quote
- Graphic--Public Schools Week dates
- Graphic--Students looking at solar eclipse
- Graphic--9 of 10 students attend public schools
- Graphic--Support public schools today, build a better workforce for tomorrow
- Graphic--Chinese proverb
- Graphic--Share our success
- Graphic--Four girls at school