Public Schools Week 2019
Join Learning First Alliance and Our Partners to Celebrate Public Schools
Public Schools Week 2019 celebrates our nation’s public schools, our students and the many school professionals who work to help students achieve their greatest potential. A broad group of educators—representing 10 million administrators, teachers, specialists, teacher educators and school board members—will mark the week with events and outreach to their communities. In Washington, a bipartisan group of lawmakers will speak on the importance of a strong public education system for our country’s future economic strength.
Below, we are presenting our 2019 toolkit for school officials and other educators. Please refer to the documents below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions about #PSW19. Check our Facebook page and YouTube channel for social media and video updates.
- Read the press release from LFA organizations.
- Make a statement with our key points about public schools.
- Use our templates to write op-ed pieces for your parents or community members or to advocate for public education with local or state lawmakers.
- Read the letter from our Congressional co-hosts.
- Get ideas to engage local businesses and community organizations in your events.
- Share our sample tweets and download the PSW19 logo or our graphic of fast facts about U.S. schools.
- Richard M. Long discusses the purpose and history of the U.S. public education system in this blog, which may be reposted with attribution.
Stay tuned for more updates, including upcoming podcasts and webinars with public school exemplars and experts.