2019 Public Schools Week tools
Below are tools from the 2019 Public Schools Week celebration, which took place March 25-29, 2019.
- Read the press release from LFA organizations.
- LFA's Richard Long interviews three exemplary school leaders (the National School Counselor of the Year, a school community relations expert, and a National Superintendent of the Year finalist) in this podcast.
- Make a statement with our key points about public schools.
- Use our templates to write op-ed pieces for your parents or community members or to advocate for public education with local or state lawmakers.
- Read the letter from our Congressional co-hosts.
- Get ideas to engage local businesses and community organizations in your events.
- Read and share our letter to the business community.
- Richard M. Long discusses the purpose and history of the U.S. public education system in this blog, which may be reposted with attribution. NSPRA Executive Director Rich Bagin also discusses Public Schools Week in the context of "Why We Need to Care About the Common Good."
- Long also discussed Public Schools Week in this segment on Ed Talk Radio.
Social media: sample tweets and posts.
"The Role of Faith Leaders in Public School Advocacy: Supporting public dollars for strong public schools" briefing, was co-sponsored by the Americans United for Separation of Church and State and the Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty.
Please contact email@example.com if you have further questions about #PSW19 or Public Schools Week 2020. Check our Facebook page and YouTube channel for social media and video updates and view the collection of social media graphics on LFA's Pinterest page.