HELP WANTED: Association Support Specialist
Position: Association Support Specialist
Learning First Alliance (LFA) is a non-profit organization that provides a platform for national K-12 education groups representing teachers, administrators, parents, school board members, and school specialists to meet to support public education by promoting collaborative, empowering relationships among stakeholders.
LFA is collegial environment that requires responsiveness and high quality in all activities. Each staff member is expected to be a team player, self-motivated, and committed to respectful, honest, and open communication. Our staff includes the executive director, Association Support Specialist, and positions for communications, accounting, and administrative assistant. LFA would be interested in candidates with real-time work experience in public schools. The position does allow for remote work and a flexible schedule.
Scope of Responsibility:
This individual supports all technical aspects of LFA’s webinars and meetings (which typically range from 12 to 35 participants), including pre- and post-event logistics, and manages other organizational projects as assigned. Equally important the position requires the ability to provide editorial support for LFA’s communications, as well as updating to the website and social media.
- Plan logistical support for projects.
- Attend board meetings to summarize board discussions and actions to produce meeting minutes.
- Ability to collect and synthesize reports, research, and data on specific subjects and provide a clear report.
- Provide exceptional customer service by assisting with daily administrative duties as requested, including responding to email, responding to member requests, etc.
- Play a major role supporting the ongoing operations of LFA.
- College degree or equivalent
- Ability to quickly master computer programs and resolve technical issues
- Ability to proofread and copyedit written documents
- Experience supporting association management
- Technologically savvy and a quick learner, displaying a willingness to seek out new technology solutions to event and business challenges
- Exceptional computer technical skills with Microsoft 365 Suite, Google Office Suite.
- Experience with Drupal 8.
- Experience with professional use of social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, Linked-In and Facebook.
- School building experience preferred
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, ability to maintain confidentiality, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative, and highly motivated
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize tasks
- A team player, committed to working in a positive, flexible, and collaborative manner, yet able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Flexible, with the ability to adapt to change in dynamic environment
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests while meeting established deadlines
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Learning First Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.